Sunday 7 July 2013

pink and dotty continuing saga... plus painting


I am going to be done for cruelty to snowballs at this rate. Still not finished!

Tasks done – lining adjusted.
Belt – couched over narrow ribbon, folded, sewn, tacked in place.
Looked at the hem.
Found some small dark hooks and eyes.( in kitchen?)
Decided that I need more vile berry coloured thread and that the haberdash is just too far away. ( dramatic chapter in book to read, then Wimbledon final)



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have only spent an hour and a half on it this week. - a lot that has been looking time, thinking time and losing things time. With one determined effort all could be complete, the sun would shine, and little fluffy bunnies would rejoice.
 
yarn bombing  stash - one bag of....
 So excuses this time – distraction therapy – working on a portrait with this pelisse – based on a Thomas Lawrence painting of Lady Templeton and son this time, getting carried away by the yarn bombing http://hippystitch.blogspot.co.uk/
 
 
 
next week end and sketching.






 Watching the tennis each evening has been crochet-land. I can do the basics without so much concentration now, and throwing the balls of wool when I get too excited has left no visible scars.
The portrait piece I began at the painting group but have added  a background layer since. Need to work into the dress, the shoes,   more depth to the background - and I lost the child ( not entirely deliberate - put the wash  in and completely forgot!) 
my interpretation so far - lots more to do to it
 The sketch is of one of the local back lanes - literally only 10 mins. I convince myself I'm going out sketching but spend 2 or 3 hours pedalling and maybe stop for 5 or six quick sketches at most. I always thought of this as going sketching on the bike, not going cycling with a sketch book.  Perhaps I should stop kidding myself and buy lycra?  NEVER........

No comments:

Post a Comment