Saturday 30 March 2013

stress relief?

The Polonaise dress!  Made it far too small but it has been an experience. The arm hole shaping was a challenge and the sleeve wouldn't fit no matter what I tried. At the moment one is gathered and the other trimmed down, I'll live with it for a bit and sort it out later. I think a larger scale would made things clearer.  The back shaping isn't giving the lines shown on the illustration and as for the little triangle bit! In spite of this the idea of working with blocks of fabric and from the outside of the garment is fascinating!

I still like the word, -it does sound like an interesting sauce- probably for fish? or a panto or fairy tale to appear in.  Perhaps another dress next - one without the bodice/full skirt  - regency? and BIGGER!

I started these as stress relief from work. Now I go to work for the stress relief from these.....


No comments:

Post a Comment