Sunday 24 March 2013

finshed it!

 At last finished it! One frock coat in the style of the French court c1700. Nothing like the right fabric, construction methods or even size... but I'm happy. Putting it together was quite quick - even with distractions. What has taken the time is the hand work and decoration but it was probably worth it. The chain stitching on the edge of the cut out trimming was a menace to do but I do prefer it now - it gives that bit of detail and texture.

Ok.
 it is done.
Hours of effort.
 Sewn the ends of my fingers more than once.
 For something so small it seems to have created chaos across the whole of the ground floor.
 Now what do I do with it - answers on a postcard please!

sorry! this just seems to want to be this way round....
detail of the front decoration and chain stitching














And what next? Time to be more adventurous?
A Polonaise I think. No real reason apart from I like the word. There will be plenty of time for regrets.
Will post progress next week end.

No comments:

Post a Comment